Allies - UK joins the War - 28 Sep to 05 Oct 1938

28 Sep 1938: I create 2nd Army from 8 divisions of 1st Army....
....and ship it to Malta.
I move the Mediterranean Command out of the British Theatre and create two new theatres: The West Med Theatre and the Middle East Theatre. I order the Western Approaches Fleet to Alexandria.
I change Army ANZAC's destination to Port Sudan.
29 Sep 1938: The Medium Tank Crusader has been researched and I immediately place it in production.
I select Improved Machine Tools next.
03 Oct 1938: The newly deployed 9th Highland Division is placed in training and the trained 6th Army Tank Brigade is assigned to the Royal Armoured Corps.
I activate my Air Wings at Alexandria and Malta.
Enough with preparations. Let's help Greece on the battlefield. I first invite them to join the Allies....
....which Greece accepts.
Then I ask to join their war.
04 Oct 1938: Greece accepts that too and we are now at war.
My first goal in North Africa is to capture Tobruk.
We attack Italian East Africa from the North, East and South.
I activate the 804th and 805 Naval Air Squadrons on HMS Glorious.
05 Oct 1938: I allow French Military Access to our territories.
Five member nations of the Empire want to join the war so I do the following to all five.
I accept the Lend Lease from Sweden.
 I don't invite France to our faction, maybe later.
Well we are in the war and there is already one problem. The Italian Navy is stronger than I thought it would be so we don't have more than 50% Naval Superiority in the Eastern Mediterranean and that means that I can't invade Rhodes yet. I need to reinforce Middle East Theatre.

Comments