Allies - Spain, Yugoslavia and UK War Preparations - 05 Jul to 03 Aug 1938

05 Jul 1938: The situation in Spain. I'm not quite sure who is winning.
16 Jul 1938: The technology for Improved Infantry Equipment I has been researched....
....and I select Oil Refining next. The +50% really looks good.
My current Research....
....and my Logistics chart. Artillery is still a problem but my new Aircraft Carrier has no aircraft!
I return the 1st Army Tank Brigade to the Royal Armoured Corps....
....and plan the construction of an Oil Refinery in Wales.
The Italo-Yugoslavian war. The Yugoslavians are advancing into Albania!
17 Jul 1938: I assign 2 Cruisers and 7 Destroyers to the North Atlantic Fleet at Gibraltar.
26 Jul 1938: A more detailed look at Yugoslavia. It's not looking good.
France has finally broken through the Italian Alpine defences and is advancing into Piedmont.
I can't help France because the World Tension is too low.
I offer Docking Rights and they are accepted the next day.
28 Jul 1938: They won't even allow us to send an Attaché so up theirs!
29 Jul 1938: I place the entire Western Approaches Fleet into training.
02 Aug 1938: I assign HMS Ark Royal and two other ships to the Reserve Fleet....
....and put 5 Destroyers from the Nore Fleet into Humber Force for further training.
03 Aug 1938: Great! The Focus Extra Research Slot has been completed....
....and I select Mediterranean Bastion as my next Focus. Let's hope it is finished before we go to war.
I select Field Hospital I using the new Research slot.
I finish this post with my FIVE Research projects. The Crusader tank arrives next at the end of September..
I need to think about tailoring the Royal Navy to meet the Italian threat. I'm not worrying about Germany at the moment. 

Comments