Allies - Rumbling in Central Europe and UK War Economy - 10 Nov 1937 to 20 Feb 1938

10 Nov 1937: I select John Vereker, Lord Gort, as my Army CoS.
24 Nov 1937: I plan a Fuel Silo in Alexandria.
I ship Army India to British Somaliland....
....and convert 3 Garrison Brigades in the Middle East to full Infantry Divisions.
I check my Artillery stockpile and it is all QF (Quick Firing) 18-pounders.
01 Dec 1937: So much for the peace in Europe.
The 7th Infantry Division is deployed and sent training. 
The 59th Infantry Division is ordered to a port then on....
04 Dec 1937: ....it is shipped to Alexandria.
13 Dec 1937: I add a Motorized Infantry Battalion and a Motorized Artillery Battalion to my Motorized Division template.
21 Dec 1937: Paratroopers I has been researched....
....and I select Lewis Mk. III DEMS & SBML 2 inch Mortar next.
My Research projects.
05 Jan 1938: The Focus Secure the Imperial Trading Routes has completed.
My next Focus is Encourage Colonial Elite which will speed up Research.
13 Jan 1938: My Equipment Upgrading is progressing well.
05 Feb 1938: Next month the Royal Navy will be receiving the HMS Ark Royal aircraft carrier as well as a Heavy and a Light Cruiser.
09 Feb 1938: Italy finally joins the Pact of Rome, so it can't join the Axis, and Poland is looking for allies too.
10 Feb 1938: Another Versailles-style Treaty is scrapped. German expansion in Europe has been greatly limited so maybe the war with the Soviets, which is a war in name only, isn't such a bad idea after all. I still think it is too early though.

14 Feb 1938: That's not really a surprise.
16 Feb 1938: I expand my list of items to be constructed.
20 Feb 1938: Great! Construction II has been completed.
I select Excavation I next.
Next month a new Battleship Hull will be available. Should I use it or wait for the 1940 Hull?
We are advancing through the calendar quickly because I am not posting the micro-managed Fleet and Air Wing training. Which is going well by the way. 

Comments