Allies - Spanish Civil War, the Rome Protocols and Going Global - 17 Jun to 02 Sep 1936

17 Jun 1936: I've added a Military Factory and a Civilian Factory to my Construction schedule.
19 Jun 1936: Edward chose Love over the Throne.
22 Jun 1936: Lots of fully-trained ships are assigned to Channel Force.
24 Jun 1936: The Focus Reinforce the Empire has been completed....
....and I select Service Overseas next.
25 Jun 1936: Construction I has been researched.
I select Depth Charge Thrower next.
02 Jul 1936: I have finally received my monoplane Fighter Aircraft, the Hawker Hurricane, which I immediately place in production.
I next choose to research Mechanical Computing. Note that we already have Radar.
03 Jul 1936: My current Research. Nothing due to arrive for a while.
06 Jul 1936: In Asia Theatre I convert four Garrison Brigades into full Infantry Divisions.
13 Jul 1936: I select the Military Theorist Harald Alexander as a member of my staff. That gives me daily Army XP.
19 Jul 1936: The Spanish Civil War begins.
The two warring factions. Italy and Germany are already sending 'volunteers' to Nationalist Spain while the Soviets are helping the Republicans. Being a Democracy the UK can't get involved.
25 Jul 1936: Nice deficits here. I shall have to work on that.
29 Jul 1936: A new Faction against Germany is appearing in Europe. When Italy joins it they can't call Germany into any war they may be involved in. That's good news because I already have an appetite for the Italian colonies in Africa. I'm supporting Turkey too.
31 Jul 1936: A great day for peace???? Funny! Italy is being placed on a war footing!
16 Aug 1936: That'll be the last one for a while!
25 Aug 1936: Painfully slow!
02 Sep 1936: The Focus Service Overseas has been completed.
Here I had to decide between Global or Home Defence. I chose Global Defence because I don't like Intervention Politics.
Both Britain and Italy have chosen their strategic paths. I wonder what Germany and France are planning. 

Comments