Germany - The German-Polish Campaign (I) - 18 Oct to 01 Nov 1936

18 Oct 1936: We can now attack Poland.
19 Oct 1936: Beforehand we have completed researching Electronic Mechanical Engineering....
....and I select Smoke Generators next.
I declare war on Poland.
Our Wehrmacht is stronger than the Polish Armed Forces but not overwhelmingly.
I order the I. U-Boots Flotille to patrol in the Lower Baltic.
I assign Luftwaffe Geschwader to Armies and Regions.
I activate all Armies and apart from one the battles are all 'green'.
20 Oct 1936: Hurrah! We are in the World News.
22 Oct 1936: I add Force Attack for 1st and 2nd Armies....
....as well as Panzerkorps Guderian.
25 Oct 1936: The frontline in the North....
....and in the South. We haven't penetrated the Polish defences yet.
28 Oct 1936: It looks like the first breakthroughs will be at Poznan and north of Breslau.
Here Poznan....
....and Breslau.
29 Oct 1936: The Polish forces have been pushed back west of Poznan.
30 Oct 1936: The Mobilkorps Manstein will soon break through west of Bydgoszcz.
31 Oct 1936: We don't have Air Superiority over Western Poland....
....so I add another Jagdgeschwader.
01 Nov 1936: The Infantry Equipment shortage is worrisome.
So far so good. This cannot be compared to real life because in 1939 Germany had twice as many divisions. 

Comments