Germany - Abwehr, Holland and Upgrading Infantry Divisions - 17 May to 14 Jun 1939

17 May 1939: The Abwehr has captured a French Agent.
The Britisk have caught up again so I remind the Dutch not to ignore the might of the Wehrmacht.
My Artillery stockpile. The leichte Howitzers are being replaced with schwere 15 cm Howitzers. I don't want them to be wasted so I take measures.
I create a Sturm-Division template by replacing an Infantry battalion with an Artillery battalion.
Then I determine which equipment can or cannot be used. I only want Karabiner 98k Infantry Equipment and only the leichte 10.5 cm Howitzers for the Artjllery battalions. I can of course change that later. The 15 cm guns will now be stockpiled or used for other divisions.
Next I convert 8 remaining Infanterie-Divisionen in 2nd Army to Sturm-Divisionen.
Five of them require further training.
26 May 1939: The UK started before I did. I slept too long.
27 May 1939: I return the 5 trained Sturm-Divisionen to 2nd Army.
30 May 1939: The Abwehr has been upgraded with Radio Interception Group (2).
I add 6 x 2 Civilian Factories to the Construction queue.
Kesselring's 2nd Army on the French border.
31 May 1939: My Destroyer and Capital Ship production.
06 Jun 1939. I convert 10. Panzer-Division to the new 1939 format. It is already in training so what the heck.
14 Jun 1939: The Focus Expand Dockyard Facilities has been competed....
....and choose to research Großraumwirtschaft.
It'll take a while to convert all these divisions but only those destined for the Russian Front need it at the moment. 

Comments