Germany - The Finnish Front and the New Ju 88 Bomber - 11 Jul to 31 Jul 1940

11 Jul 1940: Our FEF is still advancing north of Lake Ladoga. I want establish a defensive line on the river east of our positions.
13 Jul 1940: Research has been completed on Improved Medium Airfrome....   
....and I select Cannons II next.
My current Research projects.
18 Jul 1940: Further advances on the Finnish Front.
I split up II. U-Boots Flotille creating V. U-Boots Flotille. Both have Improved Early Submarines.
19 Jul 1940: I import Tungsten from Sweden.
France will not accept a Military Attaché from Germany.
Polish Resistance levels are lower but former Czechoslovakia is now a problem.
22 Jul 1940: The French-Italian frontline. Italy appears to be in trouble.
I assign 2 1940 Destroyers to the Ostseeflotte and 4 Type VII U-Booten to III. U-Boots Flotille.
I assign 10 trained Infanterie-Divisionen to 5th Army.
23 Jul 1940: The trained 4. and 5. Panzer-Divisionen are returned to Panzerkorps Guderian.
I create the Ju 88 A Tactical Bomber using the Improved Medium Airframe and adding the Twim-Engine III's, 4 MGs, 2 Cannon, a Medium Bomb Bay, Extra Fuel Tanks, Self-Sealing tanks and more. Again this is just the A variant and improved versions will be designed when newer technologies arrive.
Part of my non-Panzer Army and Aircraft production. The Ju 88 A replaces the now obsolete He 111.
27 Jul 1940: I've shortened the northern end of my frontline in Finland. Note that there are 6 French divisions in this part of the frontline.
30 Jul 1940: We launch an attack to secure the river line on our right flank.
31 Jul 1940: We have successfully researched the Electric Torpedo....
....and I select Small-Calibre Semi-Armour Piercing Shell next.
I have to come up with a Plan B for my planned Russian campaign other we have progress on all fronts.

Comments