England - The Soviet Union Attacks Japan - 29 Aug to 11 Sep 1939

29 Aug 1939: Now that is a surprise!
The Soviet Diplomacy ledger shows no surprises. They won't be receiving any Lend Lease from us.
Japan is at war with all the Chinese states and is allied with Manchukuo. British and French colonies are now less threatened. 
I convert the 4th and 5th Infantry Divisions to Guard Infantry Divisions....
....then place them in training.
The trained 78th Infantry Division is assigned to the 1st BEF.
01 Sep 1939: The newly deployed 82nd (West Africa) Infantry Division is placed in training.  The pic is wrong - check figures in the next pic.
04 Sep 1939: The divisions now need to be renamed. The two new Guard divisions first....
....then the first 3 divisions.
05 Sep 1939: I want to design a new Battleship using the G3 design as a basis.
I add Radar, a third Anti-Air Battery and Improved Heavy Gun Batteries. The 3 Anti-Air Batteries are also of the latest design. We now have the G4 'Battlecruisers'. I just noticed that they are not Battleships.
They will be built by Cammel Laird.
At first I plan just one  - HMS Anson....
....but then I consider that 6 Dockyards on that last Destroyer are wasted so HMS Howe begins constuction.
09 Sep 1939: The trained 4th and 5th Guards Infantry Divisions are assigned to the 1st BEF.
11 Sep 1939: The trained 1st Armoured Division is assigned to the Royal Armured Corps.
My non-Tank Army production. We no longer have shortages of Trucks or Support Equipment.
I now have another Guards Infantry being recruited.
With Japan and the Soviet Union busy in the Far East I can now concentrate on Mussolini. Sooner or later he will make a nove in the Balkans.

Comments