Germany - The War Escalates - 24 Jan to 21 Feb 1940

24 Jan 1940: The Luftwaffe build up continues.
Sepp Dietrich's Panzer-Divisionen arrive in Riga....
….and are immediately sent to the frontline further east,
01 Feb 1940: The Abwehr is upgraded with Plastic Explosives.
I select Diplomatic Training for the next upgrade,
04 Feb 1940: The 8. Panzer-Division is ordered south to block a Soviet advance.
06 Feb 1940: Our counterattack has lost momentum.
10 Feb 1940: I deploy another 20 Sicherungs-Divisionen early and place them in training.
Stillstand in Latvia.
17 Feb 1940: In northern Latvia we have lost ground.
It appears that the British House of Commons has lost faith in Neville Chamberlain.
18 Feb 1940: Japan has declared war on Communist China.
That does look a bit silly....
I transfer fully-trained Sturm-Divisionen from the Armeeschule to 1. Panzerarmee.
19 Feb 1940: Well that is good news because it means that Russia and Japan will be at war soon!
Now China joins Comintern too.
20 Feb 1940: My Luftwaffe Doctrine Formation Flying has been completed.
I choose Hunt and Destroy next,
21 Feb 1940: Now my research on the Army Doctrine Elastic Defence has finished.
I select Mobile Infantry next.

Comments