Germany - Stalin's Last Tango - 02 to 06 Oct 1940

02 Oct 1940: The trick now is to sneak past that Soviet division.
The Soviet forces in Kazan have retreated but our units haven't entered the city yet.
03 Oct 1940: We have captured Vologda! Strike one!
04 Oct 1940: 5. Panzer-Division is at the gates of  Magnitogorsk.
The interim Soviet capital Kazan has fallen! Strike two....
05 Oct 1940: Magnitogorsk has been taken by 5. Panzer-Division. Strike three!
The Bolsheviks are finished. Stalin is busy packing!
Kustanay is 5. Panzer's next goal....
....but the Soviets throw in the towel and we have 2000 VPs to spend. First I annex Ukraine, the Caucasus oilfields as well as the resource-rich region at the southern tip of the Urals.
Next I liberate Belarus and take Bryansk....
....then Kazakhstan is liberated.
I don't want the follow-on state to have a Baltic port so I pass a couple of times to spend 1010 VPs to take Leningrad.
Luga is the last region with access to the Baltic Sea and I liberate a few Republics.
Maybe I'll regret this one day but annex more Russian states in order to create a land-bridge to Leningrad. I'm finished so I click on 'Done'.
06 Oct 1940: Et voilĂ  - the Treaty of Sverdlovsk.
It's a long one....
....but the Reich has all the Lebensraum we need.
Now to win the Peace! Cheers!

Comments