Germany - The War against Turkey Begins - 07 Jul to 15 Aug 1941

07 Jul 1941: The 1940 Submarine Hull is now available.
14 Jul 1941: I rearrange my rubber imports. The Dutch East Indies are a little problematic.
24 Jul 1941: The focus Naval Air Effort has been completed.
I choose Wunderwaffen next.
My air wings are being attached to the armies.
09 Aug 1941: I start the upgrade of my new U-Boot design and will place it in production as soon as dockyards are available.
I start researching Magnetic Detonator.
13 Aug 1941: The war can begin!
I declare war on Turkey and I call in Bulgaria (and Greece)....
....because I can't attack from their territories if they are still neutral. 
I don't have that minor restriction attacking from the Caucasus though.
Now we can also attack from the west.
Russia and Germany request to move through each others territory....
....despite hating each other. See the -100's top left.
Both nations have agreed and Japan has sided with Turkey.
14 Aug 1941: The war scorecard The Turkish losses are 32K compared to 0 German and 117 Greek. The war is a little lopsided.
Spain has capitulated - a complete disaster for Spain.
The British are stubborn but not the French who now have a fascist government.
Winston rejects an exchange of Military Attachés.
France doesn't.
We both gain war support.
15 Aug 1941: France now wants a non-aggression agreement and I accept.
I accept Hungary's request to join the war but not from Romania or Poland (they have no troops.)
Since Japan hasn't called Iran into the war I'll have to do it myself. Only 25 days this time.

Comments