Germany - Final Preparations (I) - 02 to 19 Mar 1940

02 Mar 1940: Last minute infrastructure improvements are planned (but won't be ready within a month).
03 Mar 1940: The Abwehr has been upgraded with Diplomatic Training.
I select Psychological Warfare as my next upgrade.
08 Mar 1940: Der Führer is quite rightly angered by the Soviet posturing.
13 Mar 1940: Japan isn't much better.
Yunnan had a choice between Japan and the Soviet Union. The Japanese decided for them!
14 Mar 1940: Most of the Luftwaffe is now in the eastern Reich and has been assigned to their Areas of Operation (AO's).
I've created 1. Armee mostly from fully-trained divisions from Besatzungsarmee Süd and have ordered it to assemble in the East.
They have been replaced by Sicherungs-Divisionen from the Armeeschule.
In Latvia the line is holding.
The so-called Stalin Line has gaps in it which I have marked with a red hexagon. That's where my main thrusts will be in the northern sector.
South of Minsk there appear to be no fortifications at all.
My plans will depend on what units are in front of us.
18 Mar 1940: Vladivostok  has fallen. The Japanese are good for something after all.
I've assigned the new Military Factories to producing more MP 38's.
My Panzer production....
….and aircraft production.
Finally my surface fleet production.
19 Mar 1940: The new divisions of Besatzungsarmee Süd are gradually arriving.
Note the difference in Resistance levels between occupied Italy....
….and Eastern Europe.
One more month remains before Unternehmen Barbarossa is unleashed. In Moscow by winter?

Comments