Germany - Dealing with the Home Front - 19 to 29 Nov 1940

19 Nov 1940: When at war I tend to ignore the Home Front so there are many areas where I need to catch up. My spy ring in France is developing well.
The resistance there doesn't want to go away.
I create Army Ludendorff  and order it to garrison duty in Ludendorff and Kiev.
20 Nov 1940: I start recruiting an agent in France.
Time for Mussolini to provided some troops.
Better than nothing I suppose.
I'm recruiting more Sicherungs-Divisionen after this batch so I increase the number Sturm-Divisionen to 5.
I still have critical shortages but I'm not at war and production is increasing.
I assign 2 fully-trained destroyers to the Hochseeflotte.
I can now start training in the Black Sea again.
There are also many Destroyers and U-Booten that can be upgraded.
There are five destroyers here which are eligible....
...and they show up on the Production table.
My Luftwaffe needs attention too. I try to have fighters and bombers at the same base when used to directly support an army. Fighters alone are used for air-superiority missions.
21 Nov 1940: I' m also increasing the size of the air wings, mostly from 50 aircraft to 100.
22 Nov 1940: Many air wings have been transferred to western Europe from Russia.
23 Nov 1940: I notice a lot of UK divisions moving towards Russia.
24 Nov 1940: Wow! I count 55 divisions in or approaching Russia. That's more than I have at the eastern front.
I decide to cancel the Tirpitz. I'll build a bigger one later.
I'll have two more dockyards supporting the Bismarck when more are available.
I start the construction of 4 more dockyards in East Prussia.
25 Nov 1940: That should be enough for Ukraine.
29 Nov 1940: The warning sign for high resistance has disappeared.
While looking around North Africa I stumbled upon this. Japan is justifying a war against the UK. They want Hong Kong. It only takes 10 days to justify? They must have claimed it as a core region first.
Not very nice, Winston! We got rid of the Soviets and that's how he thanks us!
France and its love for infantry tanks....
At least Spain is building up its economy.
There is still a lot to do. More next time.

Comments