Germany - The Beginning of the End for Italy - 17 Jul to 25 Aug 1939

17 Jul 1939: Italy is unable to comprehend what is happening, In a state of denial?
18 Jul 1938: The Luftwaffe has 500 Combat Air Support, 800 Fighters, 500 Medium Bombers and 72 Torpedo Bombers available.
Aircraft assigned to naval operations in the Adriatic and Aegean Seas.
30 Jul 1939: Air and land plans for the campaign.
05 Aug 1939: The upgrade of Government Cypher School (2) is selected for the Abwehr.
07 Aug 1939: Armee Jugoslavien is relieved from garrison duties and assigned to the Albanian border. Its attack plans are drawn up.
The Armeeschule takes over the garrison duties in Jugoslavia.
21 Aug 1939: The technology Advanced Machine Tools has been fully researched.
I select the Doctrine Elastic Defence next.
23 Aug 1939: The National Focus Expand Dockyard Facilities has been completed.
It appears that the British Empire has a few problems in India.
My next Focus is Army Innovation II which will accelerate Panzer R&D.
Italy has declared war on Greece. I activate my battle plans for northern Italy.
My new Dockyards are assigned to the construction of Capital Ships.
24 Aug 1939: I quickly invited Greece to join the Axis, i.e. before the Allies did and Greece has accepted my offer. Where is France?
Greece has called the United Kingdom to help them. But not France? I hope they are not planning to attack my undefended French border. I don't even have the West Wall!
I assign General Hausser's 3. Armee to Greco-Albanian border and order it to attack north.
The UK has called New Zealand into the Italian-British war (?)
I order the Hochseeflotte into the Adriatic Sea as a Strike Force. There is already one naval battle in progress.
25 Aug 1939: Now the UK has called the British Raj into the war. The battle in the north is looking very good for us. High green 90's.
The naval battle screen shows all Greek forces disengaging. They are grossly outnumbered and outgunned.
Two of Guderian's Infanterie Korps are ordered to attack towards Genoa and forget the rest. How many divisions will Italy transfer from the French border before I can split the Italian army in two?

Comments