Germany - Turkey so Predictable - 06 Mar to 17 Apr 1941

06 Mar 1941: The focus Rocketry is good for science projects.
I select the focus U-Boot Effort next because I'm behind with the Kriegsmarine so I could do with a boost.
09 Mar 1941: I add Crimea to the regions garrisoned by Armee Ukraine. It's always a bit volatile there.
I also upgrade my Alpenjäger-Divisionen by adding Armoured Reconnaissance, Field Hospital and Anti-Aircraft support companies.
11 Mar 1941: My first 1940 Destroyer begins construction for the Schwarzmeer Flotte.
13 Mar 1941: I convert the German Gebirgs-Brigade to an Austrian Alpenjäger-Division.
17 Mar 1941: Not good. Jessica has been detained by the French counter-intelligence.
We must try to rescue her.
23 Mar 1941: I import more rubber from France.
04 Apr 1941: My Fuel Stocks, Construction and Compliance all in one pic.
06 Apr 1941: I have modest Luftwaffe assets in western Europe.
10 Apr 1941: The English have brought war to SW Asia by declaring war on Iraq....
....and Turkey now wants to become an ally. The problem is that they are also at war with the English. They've been uncooperative towards the Axis the whole time and now Germany should come to their rescue? They'll probably join the Japanese faction.
So I start justifying a war goal against them too. They can scarcely join the Allies...
11 Apr 1941: I have until 13 Aug 1941 to prepare.
13 Apr 1941: Now Turkey joins the Japanese too, as predicted!
Now it is time to ditch Spain. Their war goal against France has become a liability.
Now Iran joins the Japanese club. Thankyou, Winston for putting three nations on my hit list and giving me more access to the Indian Ocean,.
16 Apr 1941: I deploy 5 Panzer-Divisionen....
....5 Sturm-Divisionen....
....and an Alpenjäger-Division early.....
....and create Armee Iran with these new units.
17 Apr 1941: I assign them to the Iranian border while Spain declares war on France. I saw that coming.
Well, the war is warming up again but I have to sit on the side-lines for four long months. I can take my time to prepare....

Comments