Germany - Preparing for Russian Campaign (III) - 13 Nov to 09 Dec 1939

13 Nov 1939: Now we do have enough Political Power (PP's) to justify a war goal.
That wasn't quite the reaction I expected but at least they didn't join Comintern because we could then have really been in trouble :(
I start moving my Air Groups to the East.
24 Nov 1939: My Intel report on Russia. They are short on Rubber but have plenty of the other strategic resources. They also have less CF's, MF's and Dockyards and the regime enjoys 100% War Support - we only have 75%!
28 Nov 1939: The research for Anti-Air Upgrade has been completed.
I select Ju88 A next to replace the ageing He-111..
02 Dec 1939: I deploy a new Stuka wing at Warszawa.
War Tension has taken a huge leap and we are the main reason.
The Japanese are winning their war against China....
….and the rebels are winning in Mexico.
At Global level we are still number 2 but the UK has slightly increased their lead!
I upgrade another 1936 U-Boot to the "C" standard....
….and take a look at what Turkey is doing. They will be lowering support for democracy for three years when this focus completes.
The Soviets appear to fear something in the Far East. They obviously have intel on Japan that I don't have.
The Latvians don't want to join the Axis but the UK is guaranteeing their independence. Will deterrence work against the Soviet Union?
My intel is not good enough to see exactly what our armies are facing.
I start forming a new army in the southern sector of the future frontline with divisions that have completed their training.
03 Dec 1939: The Abwehr now has the Portable Radios upgrade.
I select the third and final upgrade for Machine-Assisted Encryption (I) next.
I start recruiting an agent in the Soviet Union.
09 Dec 1939: Adolf gives another speech....
….and Wilhelm Canaris begins building intelligence networks in Moscow and Rostow.
My plans are slowing taking shape but there is still a lot to do before we are ready.

Comments