Germany - Final Preparations (II) - 21 Mar to 18 Apr 1940

21 Mar 1940: The National Focus Reichsautobahn has been completed. It maxes out infrastructure in 4 central German regions.
I select Air Innovations II next.
More headaches for the British Empire.
22 Mar 1940: It's somewhere in the Far East....
23 Mar 1940: Two U-Booten are fully-trained and assigned to the main fleet in the Black Sea.
25 Mar 1940: Time to remind the Dutch again.
Also I initiate War Propaganda against the Soviet Union. I can use the extra War Support!
27 Mar 1940: A setback in Latvia and my 2 Panzer-Divisions are in danger of being encircled.
28 Mar 1940: Too many 'allies' doing too little!
02 Apr 1940: My Abwehr upgrade Psychological Warfare is received.
10 Apr 1940: I have managed to withdraw to Riga and am now attacking the Soviet spearhead - apparently alone!
15 Apr 1940: The Dutch need supporting again but only because of the British!
17 Apr 1940: It becomes obvious that war is imminent and the German people are warned.
18 Apr 1940: My war justification has been completed. Unfortunately not all my armies are in position.
The Soviets have selected the focus Lessons of War. Don't worry Joe, your teachers have arrived!
It's 11:00 am and we have declared war. Our forces in Latvia are returning home and Rommel's Panzerarmee 1 has already smashed a whole in the Soviet line east of Daugavpils where there is a gap in their fortifications.
The operation plans for 2. Armeegruppe. Many encirclements are planned. I want to destroy as many Soviet divisions as possible at the frontline.
An occupation zone is defined for 5. Armee.
At 13:00 I activate my fleets in the Baltic....
….and in the Black Sea. Here we lack naval superiority (red not green) but I'm hoping my air wings will counter that.
The green high 90's show where my main thrusts are north and south of Minsk.
The same in the south. Bottom-left are divisions which are arriving too late to be part of the opening blow.
Barbarossa has begun and we are going to rid the world of the Bolshevist scourge once and for all!

Comments