Germany - The Italian Campaign (II) - 04 to 30 Sep 1939

04 Sep 1939: Von Manstein's 1. Armee is attacking westward from the Alps while Guderian's 2. Armee is pressuring the Italians on the southern front.
05 Sep 1939: We finally sank an Italian submarine.
There are currently two naval battles ongoing in the Adriatic Sea. The northern battle off the Albanian coast involves the Luftwaffe versus the Regia Marina.
The second battle west of Corfu has the Kriegsmarine engaging the Regia Marina.
06 Sep 1939: In the latter we sink two destroyers but lose 6 Stukas.
In a second battle in the evening the British lose a submarine and we lose 4 more Stukas. The Italians have no losses.
The Italians now have 116K dead compared to our 14K.
10 Sep 1939: Guderian is now attacking south while Rommel's Panzerarmee 1 is almost in Rome.
12 Sep 1939: The Luftwaffe sinks another submarine.
13 Sep 1939: In the second battle near Corfu we lose 4 more Stukas.
I import more rubber from France.
14 Sep 1939: The Hungarians send a 15 division expeditionary force.
I place them in the Armeeschule which is also my garrison army. We suffer another naval defeat.
The garrison force now covers most of Italy as well as Yugoslavia.
19 Sep 1939: I switch to War Economy which enables more Civilian Factories for Construction.
21 Sep 1939: The Luftwaffe is attacking the Regia Marina again allowing our U-Booten to disengage.
23 Sep 1939: Not looking good for Italy. More than 250K losses and 88% towards capitulation. They have lost at least 14 divisions.
Another naval defeat but only a minor one.
27 Sep 1939: Rommel's Panzer-Divisionen are racing towards the new capital Palermo in Sicily while 2. Armee is advancing on Taranto. A major naval base.
28 Sep 1939: I accept a non-aggression treaty with the British Raj .
29 Sep 1939: The Italians capitulate. They have been overrun in a five week campaign. We also capture a lot of war material which can be used by the garrison forces. Furthermore, I have 434 VP's more than the UK so I can grab a lot of territory before the UK's turn.
In the right-hand my demands are listed. I already have most of what I wanted.
I was only missing Piedmont which I took in the 2nd round of bargaining. In the 3rd round I passed then demanded Tuscany and Sardinia.
In the next rounds I take Abruzzo and puppet Latium (which includes Rome) then quit. The remaining states are garnered by Latium.
30 Sep 1939: The Treaty of Palermo is finalized. We are the clear victor in the war against Mussolini's Italy.
In the next post I have to reorganize my forces to meet the new situation. Now I can concentrate on the Soviet Union.

Comments