Germany - The Latest from Europe - 17 May to 16 Jul 1939

17 May 1939: The Resistance level in former Yugoslavia is low despite being recently annexed by Germany.
22 May 1939: I deploy more fighters and Stukas to Bosnia and place them in training.
The same in Lower Austria.
05 Jun 1939: I again support Trade with the Dutch.
07vJun 1939: My research on Concentrated Industry III has been completed.
Another dockyard has been constructed and I assign it to the Scharnhorst.
I decide to research 15 cm sFH 18 ( heavy artillery) for the Heer.
My current Research projects with days remaining before they are completed.
14 Jun 1939: The National Focus Tactical Air Effort has been completed....
….and I select Expand Dockyard Facilities next.
26 Jun 1939: The Economy/Civilian upgrade for the Abwehr arrives.
23 Jun 1939: My Naval status in the Adriatic Theatre. Three more U-Booten have been sent to my fleet patrolling in the Adriatic Sea.
Here my air support over the Alpine region.
03 Jul 1939: The Greek border. Not many Italians present (those we can see).
04 Jul 1939: What are our neighbours doing? Stalin is busy building the Stalin Line. It looks like the Soviets have opted for a European strategy. Do I defend early or wait until I have a more effect Wehrmacht?
France is focusing on Air Doctrine....
….while the UK has chosen Naval Rearmament.
Mussolini is hoping to tempt me with the Pact of Steel. It won't work Benito!
I ask Spain for Docking Rights....
….and receive them.
15 Jul 1939: Now it's in the headlines, but....
….I refuse to invite Italy to the Axis.
I right click on that....
….and refuse a non-aggression treaty too.
Mussolini is pretty much alone now and looks bleak in eastern Europe. My survival depends on avoiding a two front war.

Comments