Germany - Preparing for Russian Campaign (I) - 05 to 19 Oct 1939

05 Oct 1939: I need more intel on the Soviets....
….so I go "active".
I support more trade with the Dutch and....
….initiate para-military training in Albania and Eritrea.
Good to see that the French are not going Communist!
The UK is planning to accelerate infantry weapons production.
I'll need more fuel capacity for a Russian campaign....
….so I plan constructing 2 more Synthetic Oil Refineries and 2 more Fuel Silos. I'll need more later.
06 Oct 1939: I order my U-Boot Flotte in the Adriatic Sea back to port....
….and start converting 1936A's to 1936C's.  
07 Oct 1939: I have absolutely no idea what effects I was getting....
I have enough reserves so I increase the number of Sicherungs-Divisionen being recruited from 10 to 20 divisions per tranche. This will allow me to free up regular divisions on garrison duty.
11 Oct 1939: I deploy new air wings in eastern Europe.
Nice that we are now #2 in the world behind the UK primarily because they have more aircraft than Germany, but we are producing more!
I deploy a new naval air group in Stettin.
14 Oct 1939: The technology Construction III has been researched.
I also transfer an air group from Belgrade to Stanislawów and assign it to operations over Ukraine.
I select the Doctrine Formation Flying for the Luftwaffe.
17 Oct 1939: I add Kesselring's Armee Italien, currently guarding the French border in Piedmont, to Armeegruppe 1.
19 Oct 1939: The research on MP 38 has been completed....
….and I immediately place it in production.
I cancel the Stuka Lend-Lease to Greece.
I decide to upgrade my Fallschirmjäger.
An overview of my Research projects.
More preparations in my next post. Hopefully the Soviets won't force the issue but I have to prepare just in case.

Comments