Germany - War Economy Fine-Tuning and Istanbul - 26 Jul to 18 Aug 1941

26 Jul 1941: The Battle for Istanbul is now in full swing. Istanbul appears to be defended by Yugoslavian troops.
27 Jul 1941: Istanbul has fallen! Spain only has two divisions west of the city and they have won an incredible victory.
The Russians have now given me an Armoured Division complete with 200 T-32 tanks. (The predecessor to the T-34). I place it in training.
03 Aug 1941: Now that Spaniards have captured a port (Istanbul) reinforcements have arrived and they have managed to extend their advance to the other side of the Bosphorus Straits.
08 Aug 1941: No change but why hasn't the AI sent units from Alexandropoulos to recapture Istanbul from the west?
11 Aug 1941: Four more divisions have arrived in Moscow. This is becoming an invasion.
They appear to be another Armoured Division and three Reserve Cavalry Divisions.
13 Aug 1941: I really need to adjust my production.
14 Aug 1941: I subtract 10 Military Factories from Support Equipment production....
....then add 5 of them to Panzer IV production....
....and 5 more to He-177 production.
I need to import more Aluminium and Rubber.
15 Aug 1941: Done. Also no high Resistance in Bulgaria. Finally some good news from there.
Turkey has now almost ceased to exist.
16 Aug 1941: The research on Sd. Kfz. 124 Wespe has been completed.
I select Fuel Refining III next.
I create a Wespe A variant with more Armour and Reliability....
....then place it into production.
Finally I must import more Tungsten from Portugal.
18 Aug 1941: In meantime the Russian 'Army' has grown to 11 divisions. The Cavalry Divisions have 4 battalions, maybe Cossacks.
I order Panzerarmee Manstein to Warsaw....
....and assign 2 Destroyers to the Hochseeflotte on hold in Kiel.
The fall of Istanbul was quite undramatic and it looks as if Turkey will end in the same manner. 

Comments