Germany - Decision at Istanbul? - 11 Jul to 26 Jul 1941

11 Jul 1941: Maybe the Spaniards have a permanent siesta. It is warm in July.
I transfer 4 Destroyers from Ostseeflotte to Nordseeflotte....
....then place the Ostseeflotte in training.
12 Jul 1941: I start recruiting the 90. Infanterie-Division (mot.) now that I have more motorization in the stockpile.
Bulgaria appears to be quieter now.
14 Jul 1941: We are producing too much of both Anti-Air and Anti-Tank Guns..
I subtract two Military Factories from each of them....
....and add them to the production of Support Equipment.
Just a reminder. I don't have enough yet for all the Panzer-Divisionen.
Promises of Peace. Basically I'm trading War Support for Stability.
I wonder how we got a United Ireland....
The siesta appears to be over.
I dispatch a unit to take a look.
I deploy a new Stuka Wing in Muntenia, Romania....
....and a Fighter Wing near Sofia, Bulgaria.
18 Jul 1941: To be honest, I didn't know we had one....
Tartu is in Estonia.
The Panzer IV shortage is steadily diminishing.
22 Jul 1941: I move my U-Boot to the coast off Istanbul to observe more. There appears to be an attack on Istanbul.
23 Jul 1941: There's my U-Boot and there's the attack. Why are the two groups not supporting each other?
26 Jul 1941: I remember that one when the UK was also fighting the Soviets last year.
This Turkish fiasco is the only attraction at the moment. The French and British are also fighting in SE Asia and technically the British are at war with Mexico and they may be interested in grabbing a few British possessions in the Caribbean. 

Comments