Germany - The Beginning of the End - 20 Mar to 04 Apr 1942

20 Mar 1942: The 90. Infanterie-Division (mot) has been deployed in Berlin.
22 Mar 1942: Portugal joining the Latin Entente is a disappointment.
25 Mar 1941: I'm through to the Swiss border so that means more than a dozen French divisions are trapped. The French must be getting desperate. The divisions bottom-left in this pic with the green flag are Saudis. In France in the middle of winter?
30 Mar 1942: The technology for Fuel Refining III has been researched. I have two divisions keeping the two enemy divisions busy so that my 4th division, 11. Panzer-Division can sneak up the Rhine to Strasbourg and capture the forts.
I select Advanced Rubber Processing next.
31 Mar 1942: The changes improve an already excellent weapon by a further 10%. A very formidable Tank Destroyer.
01 Apr 1942: I don't need to adjust my imports.
I place the Jagdpanther into production, initially with 10 Military Factories. We are now producing 3 Panthers per day.
I add a Wespe SP Artillery Battalion to my Panzer-Division42 template.
It's an even more powerful division now.
The Psychological Warfare upgrade for the Abwehr has been completed.
The first 6 Artillery Brigades have been deployed and placed in training.
The 3. and 4. Gebirgs-Divisionen have also arrived.
What a view. The British have opened a new front in the Bretagne. What are the Belgians waiting for? The front is wide open.
It is time to Justify War Goal against France in order to enter the World War 2 on the same side as the Allies. The Latin Entente has territory which I want. The Allies don't. They were losing because they have too many fingers in too many pies. My 4 Panzer-Divisionen have really messed up the Latin Entente forces. Just imagine what the entire Wehrmacht can do and that with the new Panther and Jagdpanther pouring into the Panzer-Divisionen.
I put those three divisions in Holland back into Armee Frankreich.
Dietrich's Armee Polen is relieved of frontier duties and ordered to Klagenfurt in Austria....
....then I order Panzerarmee Manstein to Graz, Austria.
04 Apr 1942: I upgrade several airfields in the southern regions of the Reich.
I deploy no less than 800 aircraft from my reserves. 
The starting date is 03 May 1942.
Finally I cancel my access to French ports.
The countdown has started and I have a positive feeling. I'm going to leave France and the Iberian Peninsula to British forces while I concentrate on Italy, the Balkans, Asia Minor then Arabia and Africa.

Comments