Germany - Final War Preparations - 27 Apr to 03 May 1942

27 Apr 1942: I received 4 more Cavalry Divisions in Moscow.
28 Apr 1942: I want to capture that State so that when my BEF leaves at the beginning of the war the Belgians will have good frontline.
I take these 2 new divisions out of training and add them to 2nd Army.
01 May 1942: I assign Armee Czech to the French border south of Armee Frankreich then plan its operation.
Time to assign my Air Wings. First the two airfields supporting the Italian campaign.
Next two Stuka Wings operating from Hungary. They support Armee Belarus and Anti-Shipping in the Adriatic Sea.
Two Fighter Wings perform Air Superiority missions over Italy and another Stuka Wing goes after shipping in the Adriatic..
From Sofia I have two Fighter Wings on Air Superiority missions over Greece and both Armee Bulgaria and Armee Yugoslavia receive Ground Support.
From Plovdiv a Dive Bomber Wing has an Anti-Ship mission in the Aegean Sea and a Ju-88 Wing is allocated to Ground Support in Turkey.
Operating from Muntenia, Romania a Stuka Wing is assigned to Panzerarmee Guderian while two Fighter Wings have an Air Superiority mission over Turkey.
Two more Fighter Wings operating from Crimea have an Air Superiority mission over Turkey.
From Georgia two Fighter Wings perform Air Superiority over Turkey while the Armies Türkei and Magyar each have a Stuka Wing attached.
Finally two Fighter Wings based in Westfalen have Air Superiority missions over Western Germany.
An overview of Air Operations.
02 May 1942: The BEF has captured Nancy. The enemy is retreating.
I order the 3 Russian Armoured Divisions to Southern Hungary.
03 May 1942: The War Justification has arrived....
....and I declare war on France.
I'm not posting all the different Nations which both side call into the war. Except for this important transmission.
D-Day has arrived and I am as ready as I can be.

Comments