Germany - Early War Preparations (II) - 18 Apr 1942

18 Apr 1942: I move the right flank of Armee Österreich to the east. The newly created 2nd Army will be placed in the gap.
The objectives of Panzerarmee Guderian.
Rommel's Armee Bulgarien has the mission to liberate Greece from Mussolini's regime.
I move the 2. Armee Bohemian to Bulgaria to be used as a garrison force in liberated territories in Turkey.
I move Armee Czech to Stuttgart. It is a reserve force for use in France if required.
I order 1. Armee Bohemian to Klagenfurt for occupation duties in Italy.
I move Panzerarmee Manstein to the Italian border. It will be the spearhead of my campaign in Italy.
Two armies (three with the Panzerarmee) are assigned to neutralizing Italy.
In the Black Sea I have a small fully-trained task force....
....with a small training task force. The green colour shows that we have naval superiority which is essential for an amphibious assault.
I have 3 U-Boots Flottillen operating in the Channel and North Sea.
I plan the construction of 4 x 3 Dockyards to meet the demands for 3 Aircraft Carrier production lines. One 1936 Carrier (soon in production) plus 2 x 2 1940 Carriers when the technology has been completed.
The 1936 Carrier before and after adding extra fixtures.
It will be built in Sevastopol.
I import more Rubber, this time from Brazil, in the expectation that deliveries from SE Asia will have difficulties.
I transfer 11 Air Wings from Eastern Europe to the Alps and Balkans to support operations in the Southern Theatre and against shipping in the Adriatic Sea.
A couple of Air Wings are transferred to the Crimea.
I mobilize the Armee Russland for garrison duties in Asia Minor.
That's taken care of a lot of work but there is much more. The Luftwaffe hasn't had any missions assigned yet.

Comments