Germany - The Opening Phase - 03 May to 06 May 1942

03 May 1942: France called Italy, Spain and Kurdistan into the war and all three appear to have responded with a 'yea'.
The BEF is on its way home after doing a grand job in France.
We've become part of the French-British War with France already 85% towards capitulation. Italy however is the leader of the Latin Entente so if they capitulate the rest are also defeated.
I need Military Access to Belgium so that my Armee Czech can enter Belgian occupied France.
I give 1. Armee Bohemian garrison orders so that its divisions automatically enter occupied Italy.
My orders for the 3 Armies assigned to Italy. Where are the Italians? All overseas?
My orders for Armee Belarus....
....and Armee Polen. At least we have some fighting planned here.
My orders for Armee Yugoslavien....
....and Armee Bulgarien.
Panzerarmee Guderian's mission is to storm in to Asia Minor eliminating all the defenders on the way.
I give Garrison orders to 2. Armee Bohemian.
I do the same for Armee Russland.
My orders for the incursion into NE Turkey.
The two Amphibious Assaults over the Black Sea are activated.
05 May 1942: Why not? We do import goods from them.
I draw a new frontline for Armee Czech.
There might be a slight delay in northern Greece....
....I transfer a Panzer-Division to Armee Bulgarien to add a bit more Hard Attack.
Italy has already lost at least one city.
North of Strasbourg France has left another Maginot Line fortress ungarrisoned. We'll grab that.
In NE Italy Venice has already been captured - Trieste will be next.
06 May 1942: Axis forces are pouring over the Hungarian border into Serbia.
Our forces are still being held up in the region around Thessaloniki.
Our forces in NE Turkey are progressing well.
Italy is the key nation in this campaign and is important that we maintain the momentum.
I'm pleased with the first few days of the campaign. The next few days will show if I can keep control of the troops and not have them advancing all over the place like in Russian a couple of years back. 

Comments