Germany - Breakout in France - 03 Jan to 03 Feb 1942

03 Jan 1942: I've ordered the Abwehr to start decrypting the French ciphers. Probably a waste of time but I can stop it if France has fallen.
I've also started an upgrade to teach them about Plastic Explosives. That might be useful.
05 Jan 1942: I order the 11. and 13. Panzer-Divisionen to attack westwards to the coast.
10 Jan 1942: I order 9. and 20. Panzer-Division to also attack westwards on their southern flank and threaten the city of Amiens. The French troops are in disarray because most of them are already retreating and a second attack only compounds the problem because they are not entrenched.
11 Jan 1942: I invite the 13. Panzer-Division to join our more southerly attack.
12 Jan 1940: The 11. Panzer-Division joins the attack from the north attacking the defender's left flank.
15 Jan 1942: Success. The state was captured and look! Paris is so close.
16 Jan 1942: I order the entire BEF to attack south the take Paris from the west.
21 Jan 1942: The push south was successful and now we are at the gates of Paris.
I select Mausser as our Infantry Equipment designer.
23 Jan 1942: The technology Advanced Machine Tools has been researched.
Moscow calls. I assign the 6. Bohemian Division to Armee Frankreich....
....the two Armoured Divisions to Panzerarmee Manstein....
....and all the trained Cavalry Divisions to Armee Russland.
I decide to research Radio Detection next. I've fallen behind with this technology.
26 Jan 1942: Two more days and Paris is ours.
30 Jan 1942: Paris was reinforced so I'm heading west again to capture the French Channel ports.
01 Feb 1942: Advanced Oil Processing has been researched....
....and I decide to research the Panzerfaust 30 next. Look at that extra Attack and Piercing!
The current projects being researched.
02 Feb 1942: The Plastic Explosives upgrade for the Abwehr has arrived.
I select Machine-Assisted Decryption (3) next.
03 Feb 1942: The BEF is now attacking both Paris and Le Havre.
I need to advance eastwards to neutralize the threat from the Maginot Line but maybe we should weaken the French in the west first in order to draw troops away from the east. 

Comments