Germany - The Balkans and World War Two - 27 Feb to 19 Mar 1941

27 Feb 1941: The deficit is slowly but surely being reduced.
That's what Plan Z requires. In order to be a global power we need a global navy.
I need to further reduce the equipment deficit. The Armee Bohemian is garrisoning former Czechoslovakia but doesn't need so many divisions. First I transfer to it all the trained Reserve Divisions.
01 Mar 1941: I assign Rommel's Armee Bulgarien to the border with former Yugoslavia.
02 Mar 1941: My two divisions have returned home from the disappointing expedition in Yugoslavia....
....and I assign them to Armee Bulgarien.
03 Mar 1941: The troops are on their way to their assigned positions.
06 Mar 1941: Back to Czechoslovakia I disband 20 of these Reserve Divisions.
10 Mar 1941: I need to think about some more construction but it can wait. I have free Dockyards.
The Tirpitz has been completed so I allocate the free Dockyards to other projects.
I transfer 3 trained U-Boots to 3. U-Boots Flottille....
....then deploy the 4th Stuka Wing to Oberbayern.
I have surplus Dornier Do 23's so I send them to our puppet, the Emirate of Bukhara, in a Lend Lease package.
12 Mar 1941: Let's take a look at World War 2. Turkey is not looking good despite support from the Allies.
The British-French war in SE Asia.
Finally the Chinese-Chinese (?) war in China.
A summary but for some reason the Anglo-French war in Europe is missing.
19 Mar 1941: My Logistics chart. Interesting information at the foot of the chart. My only shortage there is Fuel.
Turning to my Construction I add a couple more Military Factories and Synthetic Oil Refineries in Weser-Ems and Odessa.
I divide my Panzerarmee which is near Moscow....
....then order Panzerarmee Guderian to Bulgaria.
I have the feeling that the Balkans may be a headache for the Latin Entente in the near future because even if Greece falls the strip of land between Bulgaria and the Aegean Sea is very narrow and easy to defend.

Comments