Germany - Balkan Blues (I) - 08 Feb to 23 Feb 1941

08 Feb 1941: I replace the Light Tank battalion with a Medium Tank Destroyer battalion....
....and it gives the division more Hard Attack, Armour and Piercing values.
09 Feb 1941: Still a huge deficit in Infantry Equipment....
....so I disband Armee Kiew which returns manpower and equipment to the pool.
10 Feb 1941: Next I create a Model B variant of my new 1940 Submarine Hull. I upgrade with a more powerful engine, upgrade the torpedo tubes then install minelaying equipment.
Finally I place it in the production queue.
That looks better with 26 days less deficit.
11 Feb 1941: I give my Fallschirmjäger-Division two extra infantry battalions....
....and plan recruiting at least one more division.
16 Feb 1941: No big surprise. Yugoslavia has been defeated and I lose 2 divisions.
20 Feb 1941: My Focus Plan Z has completed.
My two surviving divisions are on their way home.
The Greek frontline appears to be holding for the moment but reinforcements for the Latin Entente forces can now be transferred from the Yugoslavian front.
Let's bring Denmark into our camp with Befriend Denmark. Note that I can choose Befriend the Netherlands next.
22 Feb 1941: The Abwehr has been upgraded with Government Cypher School.
23 Feb 1941: Research has been completed on All-or-Nothing Armour Scheme.
I choose to research the Depth Charge Thrower....
....then spend 50 Naval XP to expedite things.
My current Research projects. The Panther will arrive in less than 9 months in 1941!
Finally I order Rommel's Armee Bulgarien to be shipped from Rostov to Burgas.
The Latin Entente can now concentrate on Greece then Turkey which will divide continental Europe between us and them. 

Comments