France - Preparations for War Against Iran - 19 Jan to 01 Feb 1940

19 Jan 1940: I've noticed that Iranian forces have invaded Iraq so I need to prevent them from taking the entire Levant. First however I need to send Army Maginot to our border with Spain. The Army is not at a port so I order it to the neighbouring state which does have a port.
I want to send Army East to Palestine but first I must cancel its border mission then move it to a port..
Army Home is already at sea on its way to Djibouti so I divert it to Tel Aviv.
I order 3 Mountain Divisions to neutralize that Iranian pocket.
I order Army Mobile to Tel Aviv.
I create 2 new Fighter Wings at Damascus....
....then order Pilot Exercises.
I have 3 x 4 Colonial Divisions protecting Libyan ports. I order half of these divisions to Tel Aviv.
20 Jan 1940: I ship Army Maginot to Toulon and assign it to the Spanish border.
21 Jan 1940: I order Army East to Tel Aviv.
22 Jan 1940: The USA wants to send Fighters and I accept.
The strikes are crippling my Construction. I plan an Oil Refinery and place it at the top of the queue. I've tried to Lend Lease Fuel but everybody says no.
26 Jan 1940: We have captured Beirut so now I can concentrate on that group of 3 Iranian divisions.
29 Jan 1940: One Iranian division retreated south fro Beirut so I decide crush it. Army Home has been renamed Army Levant.
31 Jan 1940: Army Tunisia plus the 6 Colonial Divisons from Libya is now Army Syria.
01 Feb 1940: I create 1st Army Group with Army Syria and Army Levant under the command of Field Marshall Weygand then plan its first obective. Liberate Iraq and Kuwait.
The Army Group's divisions will automatically move to the frontline.

Comments