France - The Iranian Campaign (I) - 02 Feb to 18 Feb 1940

02 Feb 1940: The three mechanized units in Army East (just arriving) are returned to Army Mobile.
04 Feb 1940: The remaining 6 Infantry Divisions are assigned to Army Levant.
I order Army Mobile to cover our right flank. It will operate independently of the Army Group.
06 Feb 1940: I order the 7 Motorized Divisions of Army Mobile to recapture Kuwait and Basra.
07 Feb 1940: Then I order 2 Cavalry Divisions to cover their left flank by attacking the Iranian units NW of Kuwait/Basra.
09 Feb 1940: Bad timing but fortunately Army Mobile is not operating as an army.
I give 1st Army Group the Staff Plan Bonus for 7 days.
11 Feb 1940: Army Levant on our left flank starts a counteroffensive to recapture northern Iraq.
Kuwait and Basra have been recaptured so I order 6 Motorized Divisions to capture the Iranian port of Abidan as well as Ahvas further to the north.
The plans for Army Levant in more detail.
12 Feb 1940: The two Iranian divisions are being defeated and further south we have advanced further to the East.
13 Feb 1940:We have finished researching Engineer Company II....
....and I select Fuel Refining III next.
I also select the Focus Utilize the Leagues.
Abidan has been captured and the next stop is Ahvas.
I commit the 2nd and 4th Light Mechanized Divisions to support the assault on Al-Nasiriyah.
In the centre I commit a Colonial Division to support the recaptue of Baghdad.
15 Feb 1940: All battles are now in the high green 90's.
16 Feb 1940: Most of Iraq has been recaptured so I draw a new stop-line deep inside Iran.
18 Feb 1940: Army Levant neutralized the Iraninan threat in the north and have recaptured Kirkuk and As-Sulaymaniyah on the Iranian border.
Phase One the liberation of Iraq has almost been completed. Next is the conquest of Iran. 

Comments