USA - Setup and Opening Moves - 01 Jan to 09 Jan 1936

01 Jan 1936: The United States and where its divisions are located in CONUS.
I choose four Research projects. This is an obvious one to catch up.
This one enables RADAR research and computing for cryptology.
This is obvious too...
....and finally Construction I. Also obvious.
I only have 10 Military Factories and I need to expand the Army. The B-18 Bolo is the only relatively good aircraft. We already have lots of fighters but they are all 'Fifi' biplanes.
All my fleets need training so I'll start with the Scouting Force. It's a nicely balanced and hard hitting Force.
This is the branch in my Focus Tree which I want to use, but there is a problem.
I have to unseat Franklin D. He was much too friendly with the Soviets. There are elections in November so until then....
....I will strengthen the military. I select War Department as my first Focus.
The Fuel situation is excellent. 5.0K gain per day is higher than the UK at the end of my previous campaign.
I need to import Rubber so I choose Brazil.
I also import Chromium from Cuba.
My Destroyer production....
....and Submarine production.
I have created 5 Armies in 3 Theatres.
This is what a US Infantry division looks like. I'll need to beef it up a lot.
A four-battalion US Marine Corps Brigade isn't ideal either....
....but they can be reinforced later. I can build a maximum of 5 brigades or 20 battalions.
This a big difference to other countries. I need the support of Congress for many of the Focusses.
My Construction queue. I start with Military Factories and Fuel Silos.
My Logistics are nothing to celebrate.
We have a relatively large Airforce but it will soon be outdated.
09 Jan 1936: I use 2nd Army to cover the Mexican border.
The Global Summary shows in 3rd place but not for long because Germany can out-produce us.
The start is always time consuming. I have already decided on a Pacific first campaign. I'll let the Europeans mess around with Adolf, Benito and Josef. 

Comments