Allies - The Fall of Berlin so Bucharest Next? - 11 Apr to 22 Apr 1941

11 Apr 1941: A sole German division is blocking us from entering Berlin. Five divisions from 4th Army are tasked to capture the city.
13 Apr 1941: Two of 4th Army's divisions have entered Berlin but the Germans are counterattacking from the south.
14 Apr 1941: Now we are in the World News again. The Guards Armoured Division has also arrived in Berlin to help defend the city.
16 Apr 1941: Germany has capitulated and that means all their divisions have disappeared.
I form 1st Army Group with 3rd and 4th Armies and I place FM Alan Brooke in command.
I order both Armies to Berlin (3rd) and Dresden (4th) in order to get them moving in the right direction.
I assign 1st Army Group to the 'border' in Eastern Europe.
That pink 'blob' south of Warsaw is the Polish People's Republic, a Comintern nation and therefore the enemy. Its capital is Wilno in the north.
The Diplomacy page for the Polish People's Republic....
....and that of the Byelorussian Independent Republic which is also Communist. The good news is that neither of the two nation have armed forces.
18 Apr 1941: I order both armies further east. The frontline will move further west before we arrive there.
I now delete that frontline so that divisions won't automatically march to such a volatile front and risk being encircled.
20 Apr 1941: I send the USA 150,000 troops.
The bulk of the US divisions must be more motorized than mine in order to get at the front so fast. Of course they also have the Baltic ports.
I check my Research and Construction tables. The two Oil Refineries are badly needed.
21 Apr 1941: My Fuel situation is still critical but my armies must move eastwards to confront the Soviets.
In the Balkans I order Army Gibraltar to capture Bucharest....
....while further north Army Macedonia is ordered to support them to prevent enemy divisions moving south.
22 Apr 1941: We are short on Fuel again so I order the South Atlantic Fleet into port.
Finally I order the 1st and 42nd RAF Squadrons (Fighters) to Lower Silesia, near Poznan, to provide air cover.
Now that Germany has been defeated we are now directly up against the Soviets. Prosit! 

Comments