Allies - Carpathian Challenge and Invading Ukraine - 21 May to 01 Jun 1941

21 May 1941: I reduce Motorized production and assign the Military Factories to QF 25-pounder, Spitfire and Crusader (1 each). Note that the Spitfires are upgrades from Hurricanes not a deficit of Fighters.
24 May 1941: Great news. Another Soviet puppet is liberated. My Fuel situation is now much better.
Army Canada's planned operations. Four Soviet divisions are entrenched in good defensive positions in the Polish Carpathians.
26 May 1941: I add 4 Military Factories to my Construction list.
I delete all orders for Army Gibraltar in order to redraw a new frontline et voilĂ !
27 May 1941: I have limited plans for Army Gibraltar at the moment because I still have problems in Romania. Probes into Ukraine can't harm though.
The newly deployed 60th Infantry Division is placed in Army Training.
The Destroyer HMS Hotspur is assigned to Northern Patrol while the Submarine HMS Union is sent to 2nd Submarine Flotilla. I really need to research the 1940 Submarine Hull.
These 4 Soviet divisions are beginning to annoy me. When will they begin to run out of supplies?
29 May 1941: They really are tenacious.
31 May 1941: Now that is much better! Two Soviet divisions have been forced to retire and the odds are now higher in our favour.
01 Jun 1941: Research has been completed on the Spitfire PR.
Very kind and we accept gratefully.
The Italians lose 3 Submarines in this latest battle.
My Naval production.
The War Summary. The UK is still contributing the most to the War Effort.
I choose to research Improved Computing Machine next.
My current research.
Finally a suicidal Italian attack on Corsica.
The Carpathians are proving to be tougher than expected but we shall eventually prevail.

Comments