Allies - Offensive in Northern Ukraine - 21 Jul to 30 Jul 1941

21 Jul 1941: The fully-trained 5th and 6th Malaysian Infantry Brigades are assigned to Army Malaya.
My deficits of Infantry Equipment, Artillery and Crusader tanks shown in days of production. Luckily production is increasing for all three items.
I've added Port expansions and Fuel Silos to my Construction list.
I plan an offensive for Army Canada with the aim of capturing Kiev and more.
The left wing of Army Gibraltar is tasked to support the plan with a thrust from the south.
A diversion in the south is for the right flank of Army Gibraltar to capture Dnipropetrovsk and Zaporozhe.
I activate Army Canada first.
22 Jul 1941: Research has complete on the 1940 Carrier Hull. I haven't decided how many to build yet.
The big picture in the Ukraine.
I select Improved Medium Battery next. Actually I wanted the Heavy Battery. Oh well...
My current Research. The Direct Ground Support is eagerly awaited.
Army Gibraltar's plans. Many of the assigned divisions are not at the frontline yet. That's why I haven't activated the attack.
There are still a lot of upgrades needed, i.e. half of the divisions still have old and captured equipment.
I plan the Recruitment of 4 Motorized Divisions.
No Fuel problems to worry about at the moment.
I expend Command Power on both Armies for Force Attack.
24 Jul 1941: I now activate Army Gibraltar.
26 Jul 1941: A breakthrough SW of Kiev and I am grateful for the Lend Lease from the British Raj.
I decide to develop Tungsten deposits in SW England.
30 Jul 1941: Excellent progress by both armies. The fall of Kiev is imminent.
The Soviet defences are so weak that we can pick and choose where to attack and are almost certain to succeed. 

Comments