Italy - Preparations For War - 01 Jan to 13 Jan 1936

01 Jan 1936: Actually Italy is already at war with Abyssinia so the campaign needs to be set up.
My four Research projects are Support Weapons I from Beretta,
....Electronic Mechanical Engineering then....
....Basic Machine Tools....
....and finally Construction I.
The Summary.
I shall construct Civilian Factories first.
My non-Armour Army production....
....plus Tank and Aircraft production.
My Navy production. First witthout Capitsl Ships....
....then 2 Battleships are being built.
Next I import Rubber from British Malaya.
My first Focus is Army Primacy....
....and I'm only recruiting one Infantry Division to begin with.
Italy has two Armies in East Africa. Army North in Eritrea....
....and Army South in Somaliland. (I correct the name later.)
I'm transferring my entire Airforce to Eritrea.
In Italian Occupied Territories I'm changing Overseas States from Military Governor to 'Local Police Force' and 'No Garrisons' so that all Infantry Equipment will be available as reinforcements for the frontline. After the campaign I'll change it all back.
I place all the Divisions in Italy into Army 1 then transfer 6 divisions to Army North....
....and 3 divisions to Army 3 which already has my 3 Armoured Divisions.
The remaining 6 divisions are assigned to Army South.
I assign Army 3 to a section of the frontline in Eritrea. I draw up plans for the 3 Armies.
03-10 Jan 1936: I now start transferring the Air Wings to Eritrea and combine Air Wings where possible. I transfer 2 Air Wings to Somaliland and give them Missions. Here are only Air Superiority and Combat Support Missions.
11 Jan 1936: I plot the movements for each Division.
13 Jan 1935: Bright green indicates that we have Air Superiority
We can now start the 2nd Italian-Abyssinian War. 

Comments