Italy - The 2nd Italo-Abyssinian War (I) - 13 Jan to 15 Feb 1936

13 Jan 1936: The two Armies, North and South, have been activated and the campaign begins. My startegy is simple. To keep the Abyssinian right flank engaged in battle while MY right flank advances south and captures Abbis Ababa through the back door.
15 Jan 1936: My forces haven't stalled but historically the Italians did. I choose By any means necesary as it gives me boni that I need. However 'War Escalation' increases by 1. More about that later.
22 Mar 1936: One week later and the reinforcements from Italy are beginning to arrive.
23 Jan 1936: Aksum in the centre is about to fall.
25 Jan 1936: Aksum and Adwa have both fallen and I'm commiting our Armoured Divisions to attack the enemy's left flank then advance along the border to Asosa.
30 Jan 1936: Army South's reinforcements are now arriving and I intend breaking the stalemate there. The northern front remains the key front though.
In the north Macalle has also fallen and I`m hoping to capture Gondar and threaten the enemy's rear.
31 Jan 1936: Good. This is important. I've noticed when playing Germany and the UK that despite having defeated Abyssinia Italy was still at war with the Exile Government and was embargoed by eveyone. Not if you have Success in the North plus Success in the South. So this is very important.
01 Feb 1936: All the fresh troops have arrived in the south now.
04 Feb 1936: The Focus Army Primacy has been completed.
I receive 2 Military Factories and I add 1 each to Infantry and Support Equipment.
I select A Bandit's War next. Again there are interesting boni.
The War Summary and look at Ethiopian losses compared to ours.
My plans for the Southern Front.
06 Feb 1936: Let's get them.
08 Feb 1936: Damn! That can happen when you're not playing historical.
I have to divert divisions in order to conquer Aussa.
09 Feb 1936: I have to prevent those 11 enemy divisions reaching Addis Ababa. The capture of Debre Markos is key because I can use forces from that city to pin down retreating enemy forces.
15 Feb 1936: Almost one week later and Addis Ababa is still only defended by one division. Aussa is also under control.
Aussa was a setback but we are mastering the situation. 

Comments