Germany - The Road to Palermo (II) - 05 Mar to 24 Mar 1941

05 Mar 1941: I transfer forces to the Italian west coast.
06 Mar 1941: The Focus Air Innovations II has been completed....
....and I select Westwall next.
Mussolini's Italy is now 94% towards capitulation.
Armee Italien presses forward with little resistance ahead of it.
08 Mar 1941: We have caught up with retreating Italians.
09 Mar 1941: Another Italian Heavy Cruiser has been sunk.
12 Mar 1941: Italian defenders are brushed aside.
A rare naval defeat for our forces.
14 Mar 1941: The enemy division that was there has disappeared.
15 Mar 1941: The advance continues.
16 Mar 1941: Yet another Heavy Cruiser has been sunk.
19 Mar 1941: There are no Italian divisions left in North Africa.
Italy has capitulated and we have captured some equipment.
I demand States in northern Italy as well as Zadar.
In Round 2 I demand Eritrea and the Dodecanese Islands.
These are contested so I try again at a higher price.
Round 4 and I try again.
Photo was too late. Only Eritrea is contested.
The UK is determined to gain Eritrea.
I decide to forfeit Eritrea and take the Italian Navy instead.
I quit the Conference.
24 Mar 1941: The Treaty of Roma.
A long war but I received most of what I wanted including Venezia and Trieste. 

Comments