Germany - Closing Out Another Year - 29 Nov to 30 Dec 1940

29 Nov 1940: Another naval battle and this time Italy lost 6 Destroyers.
30 Nov 1940: I support an attack in northern Albania.
01 Nov 1940: That is now very promising.
03 Dec 1940: Three more days before we have a new front in Italy.
I embark the 2nd force again so that they can land quicker at the captured port.
10 Dec 1940: Damn! A second division has arrived in Ancona. Time for a Plan B.
12 Dec 1940: That is a shame.
15 Dec 1940: I reinforce Armee Krüger with the trained 306. and 319. Infanterie-Divisionen.
16 Dec 1940: I see that we have captured Trieste. The entire Pola peninsula will soon be ours then these divisions can reinforce the main front.
18 Dec 1940: I launch an attack on Pola.
20 Dec 1940: Research has been completed on 1940 Submarine Hull....
....and I select Basic Submarine Snokel from Blohm & Voss next.
My current Research products.
MAN has received the Trait Spaced Armour.
The 342: Infanterie-Division has been deployed and is placed in training....
....while the 934. Infanterie-Division (mot.) is assigned to Panzerarmee Guderian.
22 Dec 1940: We have finally captured Ferrara and I intend pushing along the coast to Ancona. Five Infanterie-Divisionen from Armee Krüger in Venezia are preparing a second amphibious assault on Ancona.
26 Dec 1940: An excellent idea.
The Focus Naval Air Effort has been completed....
....and I select Air Innovations II next. Sadly it also helps the Soviet Union.
Now we have lost a couple of Merchants from Submarines.
27 Dec 1940: Another young kid is placed on the throne.
29 Dec 1940: My non-Panzer Army production. It's still not good but is an improvement. We are in avery good position in Pola and all of Armee Krüger is now in Venezia or attacking Pola.
Italy is now at 37% towards capitulation and has mounting casualties.
30 Dec 1940: That was forseeable. What comes next?
That concludes this year and I'm looking forward to swift end to the Italian conflict. Russia beckons. Our forces here are gaining considerable experience here which will help us in the next war. 

Comments