Turkey - Overextending in Russia? - 24 Sep to 24 Oct 1914

24 Sep 1914: The United Kingdom and the Ottoman Empire have unusually different opinions of each other. The Austro-Hungarians have captured their first major Russian city, Kiev, the capital of the Ukraine.
28 Sep 1914: The last Russian divisions in Poland are about to be eliminated.
01 Oct 1914: Wherever we look the Russians are outnumbered.
02 Oct 1914: My Focus Infrastructure Effort II has completed.
I select Construction Effort II next to gain an extra Civilian Factory.
09 Oct 1914: I prioritize the construction of 2 new Naval Dockyards in Izmir.
11 Oct 1914: King Carol I of Romania is dead. Another Ferdinand is the new King.
I ask for Docking Rights in German ports....
....and receive them but they still don't want us to join their Faction.
13 Oct 1914: Being allowed to move German troops through the Netherlands could break the stalemate in the West.
We ask Austria-Hungary for Docking Rights and receive them.
14 Oct 1914: No surprise that Italy and Turkey aren't the best of friends.
We can offer the United Kingdom Docking Rights as well as military access. Interesting.
20 Oct 1914: My Light Cruiser III development has finished. Austro-Hungarian troops are advancing deeper into Russia and the Caucasus. Their frontline is now double what it was last month and are risking overextension if they have no reserves. Not much progress can be seen in the North. They should be aiming for Moscow and Petrograd to bring Russia to its knees.
I select Early Artillery Upgrade I to strengthen my artillery.
I now increase the strength of my Armoured Car Divisions by adding an extra Armoured Car and Cavalry battalions.
23 Oct 1914: I have fully-trained the 4th Cavalry Division....
....then created another Armoured Car Division which is assigned to my Armoured Corps....
....which now contains 4 divisions.
My deficits of Armoured Cars....
....and Support Equipment are now within acceptable limits. I can soon transfer Military Factories to other production lines.
My Construction queue. The Fuel Silo isn't that important at the moment so I move it to the end of the queue.
I also create two new Air Wings in Constantinople.
24 Oct 1914: Almost all's quiet on the Western Front. There is only one battle at Metz where the Germans have 11 divisions defending.
That ends this post. I have serious misgivings about the Austro-Hungarian deployment. When Italy joins the war the situation on my northern border would be anything but secure. I'm having second thoughts about joining the Central Powers. More in the next post.

Comments