Turkey - Europe at War (I) - 24 Jul to 06 Aug 1914

24 Jul 1914: While everyone else is at war we still have an Empire to develop and Armed Forces to equip and modernize. My Focus Full Rearmament has completed....
....and I send a Military Attaché to Germany.
Our offer was accepted and we can now see more details of the frontline, (see upper right).
My next Focus is Infrastructure Effort II.
The Germans have achieved a major breakthrough near Lodz.
30 Jul 1914: My Army Doctrine Rifleman Primacy has finished research.
Here is a closer view of the German breakthrough. The Russians are managing to extricate their divisions and prevent them being encircled- 
I choose Airship Bomber Training as my next Doctrine.
As predicted Serbia is having a difficult time.
The 3rd Cavalry Division has completed training and is assigned to 3rd Army....
....where it is re-equipped as an Armoured Car Division....
....then assigned to my Armoured Corps. (Another difference.)
The British have abandoned Kuwait so I form 7th Army from most of the divisions at the Kuwaiti border....
....then assign the new army to guarding the Russian border.
Done.
01 Aug 1914: Somebody forgot to tell him that the war is already happening.
Support Equipment is still a problem but fortunately we are not at war.
06 Aug 1914: Serbia has capitulated. Franz Ferdinand has been revenged.
Now the Austro-Hungarians have made breakthroughs and are at the gates of Warsaw.
A complete contrast to the Western Front. Neither side has budged an inch.
We are 6th in the world but where are the British, Austro-Hungarian and Italian aircraft and why have they not been deployed?
One of the many questions unanswered. Stalemate on the French front but the Russian front is beginning to crumble. More in the next post.

Comments