Turkey - Italy Declares War - 16 Sep 1911 to 05 Feb 1912

16 Sep 1911: I decide that the time is ripe to form Ottoman Albania...
...bit Greece is not ready. The further they are from Istanbul the better.
31 Oct 1911: I add 2 infantry battalions and an artillery company to my Infantry Divisions making them much stronger than those of my neighbours.
11 Nov 1911: Not funny but I'm not really worried because Turkey is adequately defended.
My Focus Assert in Middle East has completed.
I use the PPs to change to War Economy.
I select Befriend with House of Rashid next continuing my Middle East policy.
Well they are stronger than us but we have good defensive terrain.
12 Nov 1911: We offered them Libya but they appear to prefer a war. So be it.
I'm not even trying to defend it!
01 Dec 1911: Good, my new destroyer design has arrived.
27 Dec 1911: So they want the Dodecanese as well. That'll make them good friends of the Greeks.
29 Dec 1911: We sign the Treaty of Rome ending all hostilities.
30 Dec 1911: Newspapers! We lost a war which we didn't fight!
20 Jan 1912: The Focus Befriend with House of Rashid has completed 
I select Assert Position in Europe next which gives more PPs.
05 Feb 1912: I still have a huge deficit of Field Guns but I still have no offensive plans.
The Balkan Front.
We are now 9th in the world.
I add minelaying capability to the new destroyer...
...and place it in the Production queue.
I also assign my air force to patrolling the airspace along my border with Bulgaria.
Finally a look at the World Tension History. France and Italy are worst warmongers.
At least we had some action in this post. Hopefully calm waters ahead.

Comments