Turkey - Neutrality - 17 Nov to 10 Dec 1914

17 Nov 1914: Italy's current Focus will give them an extra 100,000 manpower which can be recruited. The Entente was losing everywhere until Italy joined and attacked the undefended soft underbelly of Austria-Hungary.
I have no intentions of actively supporting them though despite many options being offered.
The Germans appear to have launched an amphibious assault in Belgian and have captured Oostende. Only possible if Germany had naval superiority in the English Channel so where is the Royal Navy? In the Mediterranean supporting Italian amphibious assaults?
I've decided to strengthen the Aegean Sea and Eastern Mediterranean ports.
18 Nov 1914: I create a Mk2 version of my Light Cruiser III with extra armour, anti-air and a secondary gun turret. Probably one of the most powerful light cruisers in the world. Now all I have to do is produce it!
I place it in production at the expense of the Seaplane Tender which will receive the next two Dockyards being constructed.
I move my Task Force 4 (Training) to the Black Sea....
....and three airwings to Northern Epirus.
21 Nov 1914: That looks much better.
I also relocate a couple of airwings in Arabia.
22 Nov 1914: I reinforce my Red Sea Fleet with Task Force 3.
27 Nov 1914: My Halberstadt D.II Fighter aircraft has completed development....
....and I select Seaplane I next.
03 Dec 1914: My Logistics Chart is satisfactory but I am concerned about the build up Entente forces in the Dodecanese.
06 Dec 1914: This is obviously the result of a German Focus. I have 13 days to decide....
....but I don't need that long. Germany still doesn't want us to join as an ally. Just as a fire-brigade in the Balkans. I reject the offer.
I order 12th Piyade Tümeni to the coast near Rhodes....
....also 1st Piyade Tümeni is ordered there. Both are assigned to 5th Army.
My northern border. Why aren't they attacking Split which is only defended by two divisions?
10 Dec 1914: Who is attacking who in the north? There appears to be no change in the frontline but the Central Powers have much more forces in the region now.
That's all for now. I'm staying neutral and will continue modernize my Armed Forces.

Comments