Turkey - Countdown to War (II) - 29 Jun to 23 Jul 1914

Welcome back to June 1914! I went back to November 1912 and the Treaty of Sofia has been rewritten so that Belgrade is the post-war Serbia. I replayed everything like I did in the previous campaign but other nations have done a few things different. Germany has remained top notch in the Central Powers but the UK again has a Balkan policy much to my annoyance. We start at....

29 Jun 1914: The Crown Prince, Franz Ferdinand of Austria-Hungary, has been assassinated. That will have consequences!
02 Jul 1914: Despite denials from Belgrade the leaders in Austria-Hungary are blaming Serbia for the cowardly attack. Tensions are running very high and Europe is on the brink of war.
As you can imagine the Serbs don't think too highly of the Ottoman Empire. They started the Balkan League War and lost it. Now they are paying the price.
The Empire only has one major deficit and that is Support Equipment but we are increasing production.
05 Jul 1914: My Recruit and Deploy chart. I have enough Infantry Equipment and old or captured Artillery to equip reserve divisions which can be used to guard key locations (ports) and be used as garrison troops freeing up active divisions for frontline use.
09 Jul 1914: Resistance levels are looking good in the occupied territories. 1st Army is helping out there.
I don't have border defences because Serbia and Romania are not a threat and Austria-Hungary is at odds with Serbia at the moment. Serbia is a member of The Entente so any military action against the Serbs will get all the major powers involved (excluding us and Italy).
We still have a non-aggression pact with the Italians.
14 Jul 1914: Well we now have a grandstand view of the largest war in mankind's history.
Germany doesn't want us in their faction and to be honest I don't want to join. This conflict will be more historical with one exception. I can't imagine this weakened Serbia lasting long.
I start improving diplomatic relations with the German Empire....
....and Austria-Hungary.
15 Jul 1914: Luxembourg joins France....
....16 Jul 1914: Serbia has officially rejected Austro-Hungarian demands.
The frontline in the East....
....and the West.
17 Jul 1914: My Krupp 76.2mm Field Gun has completed research....
....and I immediately place it in production.
I select the modern Light Cruiser III for my navy next.
23 Jul 1914: Italy appears to want to get involved too!
I finish this post with the Great War is in full swing and we avoiding it. Until next time.

Comments