Turkey - Italy Joins the Conflict - 24 Oct to 16 Nov 1914

24 Oct 1914: A Military Parade in Albania increases my mobilization speed by 15% for 120 days.
27 Oct 1914: Austro-Hungarian forces in the Kuban bridgehead of very little opposition.
31 Oct 1914: I add my new Military Factory to Infantry Equipment production.
02 Nov 1914: I deploy the 3 Piyade Tümeni early....
....then cancel the recruitment of these divisions in order to spare my dwindling manpower.
I now have 5 divisions in training and 77 divisions in total (upper-right).
05 Nov 1914: My Construction queue.
07 Nov 1914: Still no movement on the Western Front but a lot of German divisions have left the front.
More progress in the Caucasus....
....and my Logistics are looking good.
14 Nov 1914: My Doctrine Airship Bomber Training has finished....
....and I select Mobile Position next.
I don't need a Caucasus Front anymore....
....so I move the divisions to the Sinai Front.
15 Nov 1914: No British Empire troops appear to be in theatre.
16 Nov 1914: Italy has joined the Entente and has been called into the war. They have already captured South Tyrol and the Istrian Peninsula in the North. So that's where the German divisions went to.
The Italians have also captured Split and the southern Dalmatian coast. That's settled it for me. I don't want to use my army plugging holes in the Habsburg's defences. Better to stay neutral for a while.
I still need to increase the defences of my Mediterranean ports though.
Crete could a couple more divisions too.
I assign 1st Army to part of my border with Austria-Hungary.
I also transfer my Armoured Corps to SW Turkey....
....then I dissolve 6th Army near Kuwait and add it to 7th Army at the Sinai Front.
Movement in the West at last and the Central Powers have run out of reserves. I'm staying out of this mess until an opportunity presents itself.

Comments