Allies - Struggling in France (II) - 17 Aug to 02 Sep 1940

17 Aug 1940: We are on our way to Algiers....
....while in NE France we are on the counterattack.
18 Aug 1940: Research has completed on our Close Support aircraft Hawker Typhoon.
I select the Air Doctrine Dive Bombing next.
My current Research projects. Eleven days before the Avro Lancaster becomes available!
I start producing the Hawker Typhoon.
22 Aug 1940: The Italians have lost 2 Destroyers.
23 Aug 1940: Keeping up the pressure on the Germans south of Lille. Where are all the Germans? I'm sure there were more earlier.
25 Aug 1940: Two more days!
26 Aug 1940: Another Italian Destroyer has been sunk.
28 Aug 1940: Six Soviet Merchants sunk.
The Avro Lancaster has completed research.
I select the Fairey Albacore next. A Naval Bomber.
31 Aug 1940: Oops! We need to remind the Dutch again.
Done.
01 Sep 1940: I'm committing 1st Army.
02 Sep 1940: At the southern end of the front some of our troops have been encircled. We go on the counterattack while the Americans simply watch. There are 5 US divisions in that pocket and only one of ours. What is wrong USA? Also research has been completed on Improved Artillery Upgrade I.
I select the QF 6-pounder AT Gun next.
None of the US divisions are attacking!!! Useless.
The US Navy has lost 2 Submarines.
The Italians declare war on Portugal - the good guys which we are supporting.
I guess it worked. Fascist Portugal joined the Axis. At least our guys didn't join Comintern.
I've committed my last reserves so I'm hoping for something positive soon.

Comments