Allies - Obstacles Before Majorca - 27 Jan to 06 Feb 1940

27 Jan 1940: A bird's eye view of Battlefield Europe. Poland is still in the Soviet Union and the Soviets haven't entered Romania or the Baltic States. The French-German border looks intact and I can't see where Germany has lost 8%. France has lost territory in the south.
We have a huge problem. My Fleet can't pass through the Straits of Gibraltar because the enemy owns Ceuta on the other side.
So I send the Fleet to Casablanca together with 5 Armoured Divisions. Let's take Ceuta.
28 Jan 1940: I assign 32nd RAF Squadron with 50 Hurricanes to ensure Air Superiority.
70th Infantry Division has been deployed and I place it in training.
There 6th Airborne Division has completed training so I assign it to the Royal Armoured Corps....
....and I notice that 1st Airborne Division needs more training.
I check the Recruit and Deploy chart and use the opportunity to add another division to the recruitment plan.
I also arrange that the next Military Factory goes to Motorization production.
31 Jan 1940: I activate the Amphibious Assault.
02 Feb 1940: The 2nd and 3rd New Zealand Divisions are on their way and will have to pass through a naval battle. I transferred a Fleet from the Central Mediterranean to help out and it's doing battle with the Fascist Spain Navy.
Another Infantry Division, the 76th, is placed in training.
04 Feb 1940: The Fascist Navy has been taken care of (with the French Navy's help).
The 56th (London) Infantry Division is placed in training.
The way to Majorca is now open.
05 Feb 1940: The French have captured Ceuta so my Fleet can pass through the Straits and dock in Gibraltar.
06 Feb 1940: The 12th (West African) Infantry Division was deployed and is now in training.
That didn't go exactly as planned but the good news is that we are now receiving new divisions again. 

Comments