Allies - Fighting the Germans then the Carlists - 30 Dec 1939 to 14 Jan 1940

30 Dec 1939: The Spanish Directory troops have disappeared so in the northwest there are a bunch of Wehrmacht divisions. The only thing stopping them from marching south is their battles with the Carlists. They are disengaging though and the liberated piece of Spain is rapidly becoming German controlled.
04 Jan 1940: The German controlled area is now much larger and threatening our bases in the southwest of Spain
05 Jan 1940: First we lose a Merchant vessel....
....but the Royal Navy arrives and hoses down the German Fleet.
We accept a Lend Lease of Infantry Equipment from South Africa which is only fair because we are doing most of the fighting.
Then Greece wants to get involved but I shoot down the idea because I don't want our plans for Bulgaria to be jeopardized.
Next I make the move to War Economy which gives even more Civilian Factories for the War Effort.
Meanwhile I have two Armoured divisions pinning down no less than 7 German divisions enabling me to rush a couple of divisions north to block the German advance. The situation in the centre of the northern front is also hairy. I must destroy that pocket of German troops as quickly as possible.
08 Jan 1940: The pocket has been neutralized so I can rush reinforcements west. Those two armoured divisions have done a great job. They stopped the Germans but Carlists are now arriving in more numbers (white flag with a red cross).
The Germans have no supplies so they are easy to stop and neutralize.
09 Jan 1940: Now we can push the Carlists back. They are no match for the veteran British divisions.
10 Jan 1940: There are French divisions fighting with the Carlists and only our Spanish allies can attack them because the UK is not at war with France.
I add a Military Factory to Hurricane production.
12 Jan 1940: We are advancing north now and we are offered more Lend Lease this time from Canada but I decline. They should use it for their own forces.
I again decline a non-aggression pact with the Carlists. They have joined Comintern so they are no friends of the UK.
I order the North Atlantic Fleet back to port primarily to save fuel.
Now that the Front has been stabilized I order Army Gibraltar back to ports in the south.
We have lost only 8,000 troops in this campaign. The Germans lost a dozen divisions.
14 Jan 1940: I'm only 5 Infantry Equipment short so I won't lose any sleep because of that.
My Fuel situation is excellent so I was worried about nothing there.
I set that as 'allowed' because the danger has been eliminated.
The Spanish have chosen Sevilla as there new capital. They have gained a lot of territory in this campaign and Gibraltar is no longer threatened by Fascists.
A successful but confusing campaign and I now have 11 Army XP to upgrade my forces. What to do next. More in the next post. 

Comments