Allies - Putting Down the Spanish Directory - 21 Dec to 29 Dec 1939

21 Dec 1939: I move the North Atlantic Fleet into the Iberian Coast region to provide 'Big Gun' support if required. 
22 Dec 1939: Three RAF Squadrons are placed on anti-shipping duties in the English Channel.
A Fascist Spain Light Cruiser Squadron is chasing a mixed American-Italian Submarine Squadron away from a couple of German merchants.
I move my Nore Fleet and Channel Force into the English Channel to counter any Axis forces there. We aren't a war yet so they are just showing the flag until then.
23 Dec 1939: I reassign the Gibraltar Defence Force to Army Gibraltar. It has had enough training.
I've accumulate 10 Army XP so I add another Paratrooper battalion to my Airborne Division template.
24 Dec 1939: I check my Fuel stocks and we'll have enough for this short campaign.
I spend Command points to provide Force Attack bonus for 7 days.
I ask the USA if I can join their war against the Axis.
25 Dec 1939: They agree naturally. Not quite sure why I've received the Cryptologic Bomb but I can check that later. 
Spain wants to join the Allies so why not?
Fascist Spain is already 80% towards capitulation.... 
....so capturing Cadiz and Sevilla should be enough. We can capture Malaga too. The Fascists are already attacking Gibraltar but are getting nowhere.
I activate Gibraltar Army's attack plan. Spain joins the Allies.
We accept the USA's offer of Infantry Equipment. I have more than enough transports.
27 Dec 1939: I do not allow Italians to move through British territory.
28 Dec 1939: Technically the Fascists have capitulated but allied German) forces  in their former territory will continue to fight to the end.
Most of those symbols at the top of the screen are nations wanting to join the war. I say yes to the large British Empire. One symbol is Carlist Spain asking for a non-aggression pact but I refuse (I think). All these Spains are confusing me.
The British Raj joins the war.
It looks like the French may have captured a piece of Germany.
29 Dec 1939: It is their choice to make but when and if Bulgaria attacks and not now.
We agree to Luxembourg's request. Note the colour change along the Portuguese border. That territory has been liberated and belongs to Spain nw. Don't forget that all the different Spains are at war with each other so it will be a complicated conflict now.
We'll have stay here for a while to help Spain defend the liberated territory. That'll be fun. 

Comments