Allies - The British-Bulgarian War - 17 Mar to 31 Mar 1940

17 Mar 1940: Great! We receive a Call to Arms from Yugoslavia. I feared they may go Axis or worse Comintern.
I call Macedonia because I can't attack from a neutral nation.
I also call Greece into the war because they have a common border with Bulgaria.
Next I invite Yugoslavia into our Faction and they accept.
Greece has accepted our call.
The Plan....
....and I activate Force Attack for 7 days.
18 Mar 1940: Bulgaria joins the Axis - better for us than Comintern.
We've lost another Merchant near Majorca.
20 Mar 1940: We've received a new Infantry Brigade and it is placed in training.
21 Mar 1940: I see a Bf 109 flying over Stara Zagora but we still have Air Superiority everywhere.
26 Mar 1940: Research has been completed on Fuel Refining III....
....and I choose to research the Bristol Beaufort bomber next.
27 Mar 1940: The Bulgarian capital Sofia has fallen and we are at the gates of their new capital Varna.
29 Mar 1940: Bulgaria is 83% towards capitulation.
Varna should fall within 2 days.
30 Mar 1940: Varna has fallen and Bulgaria is now 100% towards capitulation.
31 Mar 1940: We are now in the headlines and Greece has taken over the occupation so I don't need to worry about Resistance levels, etc.
I add a 6th Military Factory to Motorized production.
I add another Oil Refinery to my Construction plan.
I remind the Dutch before the Germans do.
I upgrade my Armoured Division template by replacing a Light Tank battalion with a Medium Tank Destroyer battalion.
Well, we made short work of the Bulgarians and the Yugoslavians are in the Allies. 

Comments